A new year rolls around and there are so many great books to come out in 2017. I am touching on just some of the most popular and anticipated books to come out. If any of you have others to add to this list feel free to add a comment. These are just a few of the ones I am looking forward to reading this year.
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins– this books offers tragic deaths and an orphan girl who now is in the care of her aunt trying to find her way in a place she does not want to return to. This seems like a great suspense novel! She is also the author of the Girl on the Train so you know it should deliver
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab– this is the 3rd book in the Darker shades of magic series. A series I have as of yet to read but it seems to be getting great reviews. For all those who have read the first 2 books this will be a must read this year
- Mississippi Blood by Greg Iles– this is the third and final book in the Pen Cage series. I have read this first which is Burning Natchez and am currently reading the second book which is The Bone Tree. An investigative series which delves into the takes of the KKK, the Doubles Eagles and hate crimes. All of this following the main characters trying to fight for their lives and expose these heinous crimes of the past. A very thrilling and heart tugging read.
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys– this is a historical fiction novel from WWII. It looks at the refugees fleeing a war studded homeland which mirrors some of the issues we face today in the world.
- We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter. This is a historical novel based on a true story following a Jewish family in WWII times. It follows their lives through their break up and reunion. This seems like another heart wrenching novel of perseverance of the family unit.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas– from reading the review and watching some youtube reviews this seems to be a book based on the events surround the black lives matter movement. Since racisms issues seem to continue to be a modern day issue this book could not come at a better time !
- See What I Have Done by Sarah Scdmidt– this a book that covers the Lizzie Borden murders. I do not know a lot about this story so it will be an alluring read to say the least
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden– a fantasy/ fairy tale novel set in Russia that touches on forest demons and an evil step mother. A heroin hoping to defend her family in this new fairy tale is refreshing and promises to be a great read
- Idaho by Emily Ruskovich– this book follows a family and some sort of tragedy or event ensues. It is told in many perspectives and is said to cover many different things from love, friendship to secrets and forgiveness. Maybe one to add on the book club list
- A sepration by Katie Kitamura– This books looks at marriage and separation. Once the lead’s husband goes missing she goes to search from him knowing no one knows of their separation. Learning secrets about the man she thought she knew we are propelled in the story of discovery alone with the heroin (of sort).
Hope this helps anyone with their TBR for 2017 reads. As always feel free to leave a comment with any books you are looking forward to reading this year!