Lets talk about some of our favourite places to read. Sometimes the choice of our reading location is just as important as the choice of book we make. The ambiance of our reading environment sets the mood for our entire reading experience. I find that I read faster and I am able to imagine the world in which I enter while I am reading more vividly if I am in a comfortable place. The following are just some of my recommendations for reading nooks that I enjoy and find enhance my adventure.
- My go-to reading spot is my couch accompanied by a blanket/pillow and my most valuable reading accessory , my cat ! Who couldn’t snuggle with this little one !
2. Another comfortable spot that a blanket and pillow complement is my bed. I try and make it a habit to read for at least 30 minutes to a hour before bed. This cuts down on my screen time and helps me fall asleep
3. One of the best spots to read if you prefer a quite scene that does not have the distracts of home is your local library. I know the one close to my house has great couches that are super comfy. Not having the distracts of endless to do list at home makes it a whole lot easier to get into my book.
4.The Bus or local transit may be how you get around in your city. Depending on the length of your ride this may be the prefect time to delve into your current read. I find that loosing myself in my book is a great way to make the transit time go by so fast. However I have been known to miss my stop on occasion 🙂
5. What would be better than to curl up at the waterfront/ park with a blanket and picnic basket? The answer is probably nothing. Being out in nature is refreshing and what better way to enjoy it than with a book?
6. The beach is where I spend most of my time on vacation. I love pulling up a beach chair, umbrella and book while i build ‘sand castles’ with my toes. Listing to the waves in the background while soaking up the rays has to be one of the most relaxing ways I think I can of to escort my reading mind
7. A coffee shop kills 2 birds with one stone. You get to enjoy a great cup of java and enjoy a great book!
8. The gym is a great place to listen to a book for those who love audio books. Popping in my headphones and listening to some Stephen King or Ann Rice is a great way to make your workout fly by!
These are my favourite places to read but I would love to heard from you guys! What are your favourite places to pull up a book and unwind?